Monday, September 30, 2013

Choose Learning Topic

My learning topic is Healthy Resources. I've noticed that only several grocery stores supply healthy food. For example: HEB on 183 & Springdale rarely has healthy options and on the other side HEB at Hancock has many different healthy options. It's like they're excluding a large percentage of race from eating healthy. I wonder how does HEB decided what items to distribute where. I chose this topic because It's a big problem. I find it unfair sometimes. How come east Austin doesn't have a Central Market? Why is the Government complaining about Hispanics and African Americans being the Obesity Target? Why? It's their fault, they're the ones populating low income families with fast food restaurants. It's important because many people don't have the access to healthy eating, and that is why they are reaching these diseases such as Diabetes and Heart Disease, etc. I do know of some Healthy Options around East Austin but yet their prices are so high that it doesn't make a difference. Low income families won't be able to afford the stores price.

1 comment:

  1. I really like your topic and not just because its the same as mine.We should join forces to get the word out and help out our community.

    ReplyDelete