Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Final Game


Game Description; Basically what you do in this game is read true life stories about hispanic teens who have committed suicide, after that you answer a question, asking you what would you have done? Maybe you can relate to them? Help and information is provided for you. You end up learning instead of you playing.

My name is Arlette and my team name is The Change, I created a game called No More, One is Enough!
The topic of my game is Teen Suicide. I want people to learn what Teen Suicide, the effects, anything can cause suicide now a days, how they can help and what to do in case of a situation like this. The player will learn from my learning goal by reading the stories in my game and answering the questions asked, there is also an about and help page which helps you learn and provides facts for you. I myself believe that the game isn't as entertaining as I thought it was going to be, but things I would like to change or improve to this game would be: adding more stories depending on other races not just Hispanic, adding a challenge-a maze or quiz, adding media based on the social issue. The most challenging part of creating this game was finding the right statistics provided for the audience. Although it was also challenging working with this topic because I can relate to it and it was sort of tough, it is a harsh topic. Even though it was hard I still made it. You just have to keep looking. I am proud of the originality that I had by being the only game about Teen Suicide, nobody else would have done it. Finishing in time was something I was proud of because last year I didn't get to finish in time, which was bad.  


2 comments:

  1. Arlette i just wanted to let you know that i liked your game it was not like the other ones it was educational and it thought me about suicide that is sad and i really liked where you could write about what i would have done that's cool if your nominated for the awards good luck hope you win because i love your game.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Arlette,
    Well I really think that your game is very good because you put i the game very interesting facts and story. I think that there's not another game like your. I just want to say good job.
    -Thelma

    ReplyDelete