Thursday, January 21, 2016

Edward Weston




Why I like this image?



This image attracts my eyes because it's black and white. I see a glare in her eyes which makes them stand out. Weston captured the perfect frame for her face, almost covering every detail of her facial features. I not only see a glare in her eyes but I also see somewhat of a worried girl or whatever she might consider herself. Her lips are sort of pressed together making her look a bit anxious or disappointed. It's almost as if she doesn't agree with her face being photographed. Her face shows a lot of emotion. 

About Edward Watson 

- He was diagnosed with Parkinson'd Disease which lead him to leave his vocation
- He was the first photographer to receive the Guggenhelm Fellowship
- He produced 1,400 negatives using his 4x6 camera in over 2 years
- His type of work was soft focus pictorialism which was modern and popular at the time

No comments:

Post a Comment